Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Good-Byes

From an e-mail to two friends days before leaving St. Louis:


Hello my dear A and L,

Okay, one week countdown! It seems so crazy and sometimes, if I think TOO hard about it, it makes me want to cry a little...

Regardless, because of that I really want to make sure that I organize myself well so that I have time to pack, meet with dear friends (like you!), buy a few more things for the voyage ;)(plus figure out this diploma and apostille thing)

Sooo... I was wondering when L got to STL- and when would be the best time/day to grab some coffee or whatever... I do want to make sure I write some sort of farewell card/letter and to do it all with plenty of time and with peace :)

In the meantime how are you girls doing?!

Peace and Prayers,
Sofia

I can still close my eyes and picture  L and A, of places in St. Louis (or even the U.S.) I know  I would have liked to have seen with them. I still remember the pressure of the "one week countdown", in my mind (and heart) knowing I wasn't quite sure when I would see those things I loved again. I am grateful for trying to rejoice as much as I could those few last months in St. Louis because it forced me to value that much more what was once a routine.  I am grateful today, 7 months later after sending that e-mail, grateful of the richness and growth it has brought, grateful that even if a few years must pass before I can see and touch all that I left, God is blessing each person, making him/her more like His image, or so I pray. And yes, even 7 months later, if I think about it TOO hard I still want to cry a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment